How to Set Up and Install Review Widgets on Your Website
How to install review widgets on your site
This quick guide will show you how to install your Proof and/or Carousel Slider widget code on your website.
Installing widgets on Wordpress
Installing widgets on Shopify
Installing widgets with Google Tag Manager
Creating a New Widget
1. Click on the "Widgets" link (underneath Power Ups) on the dashboard menu
2. Select your Business, the widget style (Proof or Slider) and the review sites you'd like your widget to display.
3. Then, click "Create and Get Code" to reveal the code you'll need to copy and paste into your website HTML.
Inserting Widget Code on your Website
Installing your widget code is easy, but might be slightly different from this guide depending on your website's CMS.
When you've created a new slider style widget, you'll just need to insert one snippet of code onto your website (in the location you want the slider to appear - usually between the <body> tags).
When you've created a new badge or 'proof' widget, you'll see two small snippets which you need to copy and place into your website's HTML.
The first snippet needs to be placed in between your <head> and </head> tags:
<meta name="widgetCloutly" content="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
(use your code, not this example)
and the second snippet (below) needs to be inserted immediately before the closing </body> tag.
Installing the Proof Widget on Wordpress
🠚 Using a Plugin
The easiest way to install the Proof widget on Wordpress (if you're non-technical), is to install a plugin like Header and Footer Scripts.
Once installed, you can simply open up the plugin and paste your code into the respective Header (for the first snippet) and Footer (for the second) areas.
🠚 Manually inserting the code
If you'd prefer to install the code manually, locate and open your header.php file. You can usually find this under Settings 🠚 Theme Editor.
Insert your first bit of code just before the closing </head> tag.
then, open your footer.php file and insert the second line of code before the closing </body> tag.
Installing the Proof Widget on Shopify
1. Go to Online Store 🠚 Themes
2. Click "Actions" next to your current theme, and choose "Edit Code" from the dropdown menu
3. Find and open your "theme.liquid" template (or depending on your theme, the template that contains your <head> and <body> HTML.
4. Insert your first bit of code just before the closing </head> tag:
5. Insert your second bit of code just before the closing </body> tag:
Installing the Proof Widget with Google Tag Manager
1. Create a new Custom HTML tag
2. Insert both code snippets, in order.
3. Set your trigger to 'All Pages' (or wherever you want the widget to appear).
Updated on: 06/02/2023